The Ernie Pyle Legacy Foundation, established September 11, 2013, is a very viable organization to continue the Legacy of Ernie Pyle. It has been hard work, but very rewarding in what we have accomplished. Thanks to the many supporters of our efforts and plans, we can move forward to make it happen.
In a short time period, we have accomplished much:
- Successfully created the 70th Anniversary Ceremony at the Punch Bowl Cemetery.
- Established the annual Ernie Pyle Journalism Scholarship at the University of New Mexico.
- Invited to be part of all ceremonies at the WWll Memorial in Wash D.C.
- Participating with and speaking to many veterans groups.
- Working with all media on publicity and reporting.
- Continue relationships with Indiana University Journalism departments.
- Established National Ernie Pyle Day with a major event on August 3rd, 2017 in Albuquerque New Mexico.
For the future:
- Planning to develop projects with the Ernie Pyle WWll museum.
- Investigating the possibility of creating a Ernie Pyle Commemorate Silver Dollar.
- Hoping to create a journalism awards program at the collegiate level in the future.
- Developing new plans to continue events announcing National Ernie Pyle Day in more cities.
We really appreciate all the help and support we have received. We still need financial help to support our programs. If possible, please make a donation. Click on the Donations button to make a contribution.
The Ernie Pyle Legacy Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit.